Thursday, December 6, 2007

2DPIUI

Yesterday (the day after the IUI), I was kinda alarmed because my AM temperature was actually lower than it has been, not higher. In the TCOYF book, they refer to an occasional temperature dip on the day of ovulation, corresponding with an estrogen surge. So, I fear that I may have ovulated on the day after my IUI, rather than on the day of the IUI. Maybe I really do ovulate more like 36 hours after a positive OPK, not 12-24 hours... I was trying to reassure myself that the sperm can survive and that they need time to capacitate (or whatever) anyway, right? Right??? Still, it did make me kinda wish that we had done 2 days of IUI. Instead, we made another attempt to get pregnant the old fashioned way... :)

I continued to feel really ambivalent about the progesterone suppositories, but in the end I decided to go ahead with it. S really thought that I should, and even my (also medically-oriented) best friend thought that it sounded like a "can't hurt, might help" sort of intervention. So, grimacing at the idea that I was throwing away $78, I did it.

I called the RE to see whether I could wait to start them until today, because I wanted to see if my temp would rise this AM. The nurse asked Dr G, and he said that he still recommended that I start them yesterday. However, I reasoned that this would interfere with my plans for some PM lovin', and who knows what kind of effect it would have on any spermies in the final cavalry. So, in reality I didn't put in the suppository until my middle-of-the-night bathroom break at 1AM, but oh well. I guess I'm a little non-compliant sometimes!

My temp this AM was 97.9, signifcantly higher than the day before (97.4), but still not above my coverline (98.0). However, my usual coverline is more like 97.7, and I'm blaming my higher pre-O temps on Clomid. I hope that the temp rise means that I ovulated, and isn't just an artifact of vaginal progesterone. Hmmmm... I'm hoping for something above 98 tomorrow.

In other news, I forced myself to send one resume and cover letter this AM. Also, Must! Start! Writing! Clinical! Trial! Proposal!!! There is just not enough time in the day, especially with my full time hobby of obsessing over TTC stuff. :>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Early is better than late!

sarah23 said...

Thanks! I know you're kinda in the same boat, and I agree that early IS better than late.

Meghan said...

I didn't have to start my progesterone until the day after my IUI, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think I read that with the progesterone, it does keep your temps high. My RE told me not to bother temping during medicated cycles.

Good luck-so hoping this is it for you