Thursday, May 8, 2008

4DP5DT

4dp5DT is equivalent to 9DPO, right?

...but unfortunately I am not having much in the way of symptoms. My breasts are a little bit sore, but they've been like that since (I think) the day of ET, so it can't be anything "real"; I'm suspecting its related to the wacky hormone levels this month, possibly to the PIO shots. A few random pangs in the pelvis area, but nothing consistent or strong. And no sign whatsoever of any implantation spotting...

Sigh...

I went to the RE's office this AM for a 9DPER progesterone check. It was nice to see the staff (Dr W, and my favorite nurse C, neither of whom was there on ET day), but I was already starting to fret about my lack of symptoms. Thus, I asked a lot of questions about frozen embryo transfers (FETs), ie the logistics, the cost, etc. I think they thought I was a little wacky for getting into this during my 2ww, but I am just trying to be mentally prepared for a negative.

My progesterone (P4) came back at 77.2. This was well above what they wanted (I forget the exact goal number), but I still have to continue with the daily PIO shots at the same dose. S moved up the injection sites by an inch or two and that has helped a LOT! I can now sit down without wincing.

I want to say more about everything that is on my mind, but alas... I have a major presentation to prepare for, and it starts in less than 10 hours (7:30 AM tomorrow). Every 3 months or so (it rotates between the fellows), I have to present at our weekly Hematology-Oncology conference. It's an hour-long presentation, covers two topics of my choosing (based on a real-life patient case), and it always take hours and hours (at least 10 hours, often much more) to prepare for. So, I have a couple more hours of work to do tonight to finish it off. The good news is that it's the last time I have to do it... ever!! I finish my fellowship June 30th, and starting tomorrow, I will be strictly a spectator in this particular forum. :)

BTW, I'm glad to see some new readers; I always appreciate the comments. I will be able to catch up with more of you and add a few of you to my blogroll this weekend. For a couple of people (Lorrie, for one), I don't see a blog, so if you have one please let me know!

6 comments:

Hilary (Maya Papaya) said...

I didn't have any real tangible pregnancy symptoms in my 2ww or throughout my pregnancy so far, for that matter. Remember that 9DPO is still a bit early for symptoms, and try not to fret. I know, easier said than done.

Wishing you so much luck for this cycle.

Anonymous said...

Sorry your symptoms are looking a little less than right now. :( Lots of people don't have any, from what I hear. I know you know this. :) Keeping my fingers crossed that things will work out!

Emily said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your P4 looks good. They checked mine last week and I never even asked. Oh well! GL @ your presentation today and congrats on finishing your fellowship next month. What an amazing milestone! Perhaps it will be new beginnings in all areas of your life :)

Hilary (Maya Papaya) said...

Sarah my darling - the sore nips and every thing else I had going in the 2ww was almost certainly from the progesterone. I'm pretty sure I was complaining about lack of symptoms around this time too :)

Amy Jensen said...

Hi - I found your blog through Ovusoft. I just wanted to say good luck with your IVF!

We're 4DP3DT with our first IVF.

Amy

Lorrie said...

Hi Sarah! I don't have a blog (am content to read yours and a couple of others) but thank you for asking. I really think it's a bit too early for symptoms to show up. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, though!

How did your presentation go?