Thursday, May 29, 2008

6w2d - Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Just an FYI that I'll be out of town (and have very limited internet access) until Tuesday. I'm going to a conference in Chicago. It's called ASCO, and it's a huge international oncology conference with about 30,000 in attendance. Hopefully they'll be some exciting news about some new treatments for various cancers. If you here any major press releases about cancer in the next several days, chances are that the study is being presented at ASCO.

I have to admit that I'm still worried about the gestational sac size. Anyway, hopefully this trip will help pass the time until my next ultrasound. S is not going with me, and I will miss him. My friend K will be there and is willing to help out with the PIO injections.

See you all when I get back!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!! I'm jealous, I want to go backkkkk! (does that sound whiny enough? ;) Be safe!

DC said...

I hope you have a fun and productive trip and that your little bean is doing well. :)

Lorrie said...

I hope you have a great trip! Too bad your hubby can't join you for a little mini-vacay. :(

As for your worry, I know it's pointless to say to try not to, because infertiltiy does weird, nasty things to people... but I'm going to say it anyway. Try not to let what you went through put a damper on your happiness. Have you been staying away from that kill-joy Dr. Google?

poppy.f.seed said...

have a great time in chicago!
It is so hard not to worry, but each day you pass your bean grows stronger!

Jill said...

Hope you have a great time at ASCO! I was just in Chicago last weekend--it was a blast! And, I know it's really hard not to worry about everything little thing, but try to just think positive thoughts until your next u/s. It'll be here before you know it and I'm sure your little one is just fine. :-)

Anonymous said...

Dying for an update. Come back soon!