Thursday, January 17, 2008

13DPIUI #2

Thank you all for the positive thoughts! Unfortunately, my temp is already starting to drop, so I'm even less excited to test. I may even start bleeding before I get a chance to do so. I'm not trying to be negative, but I am trying to be realistic. Well, there's always next month...

It looks like we're going to have to do a up to *3* more IUI's (1-2 more Clomid, and 1 natural cycle IUI?) prior to IVF. This is because I am on a stressful inpatient block at work in March. I can't really be leaving for an hour per day to get bloodwork or ultrasounds, and then take a day off for egg retrieval. Well, I probably could, but I would have to explain the situation to about 10 people and I don't feel like doing that, especially since I am trying to get hired. Also, I think that the stress of work would not be optimal for a fragile embryo trying to find a spot to snuggle in.

Unfortunately, blocking off the month of March ruins 2 separate cycles (Cycle #15 (Feb/March) and Cycle #16 (March/April)). I would love to start now for Jan/Feb, but Dr G wants me to take at least 1 month off between Clomid and starting meds for IVF. The bottom line is, I likely won't be able to start IVF until mid-April. How frustrating! In the meantime, though, we'll keep doing these Clomid or natural IUI's and really hope that we somehow get lucky by a miracle.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Sarah, I'm really sorry your temps are dropping. I've been thinking about you and wondering how this would turn out. You're attitude sounds great though--you sound like you're hanging on to hope and that's beautiful. Hang in there.

Jen said...

I'm sorry about the temp drop. It just plain, old sucks.

Meghan said...

Sorry about the temp drop...I always hated having advanced notice..it was like this sense of impending doom

Any chance you could do an IUI with injectibles? It would up your odds a bit while you wait for IVF. I did 2 clomid +injectible IUI's and only had 2 monitoring appointments for each

Good luck with whatever you decide

Frenchie said...

Ugh-

We all deserve a lucky miracle. Hope you get yours before IVF.